He is one of the best tech bloggers in India. His Website (RootUpdate.com) is recognized as “Top 10 tech blogs in India” by Social Samosa.
Now he has also conquered a great following on youtube. He is able to earn more than $4000/per month through blogging.
More than all this, he is a great guy, who is always there when you need him for any help. I call him “sir” but he emphasizes me to say “bhai”.
So let us start the interview with Mr. Harsh Chauhan bhai and let us know more about his outstanding blogging journey.
You might want to see: Bigrock Coupon – Get Huge Discounts on Domain Registration and Hosting.
- Welcome Harsh Bhai, I would like to request you to introduce yourself to the readers of BloggingScoops blog.
Hello, everyone, I am Harsh Chauhan and I work as a blogger. Currently, I’m working on multiple blogs out of which rootupdate is my primary one. Apart from this, I’ve recently also started a few YouTube channels that are getting bigger day by day.
- How, when and why did you decided to start the blogging journey and who inspired you in this industry?
A few Years back I was looking for ways to earn money online. At that time I came to know about blogging and thus started a blog. That one was not so successful but after some time I started rootupdate which is very successful as you all know
- What were your first few projects on which you started working?
At the very beginning, I used to do copy paste work. Because of that all of my early blogs failed. But I learned from my mistakes and started rootupdate with original content.
- How did you teach yourself digital marketing in your initial days?
I used to google everything I wanted to learn. There is a huge number of websites and forums online that can really help you in learning everything about blogging that is out there.
- How much important is relationship building and how newbies should pull it off well?
For all the people that are just starting out, I highly recommend that you must give more attention to the comments section. Apart from that make sure to ask your readers to connect with you on Social Media.
- What were the biggest challenges in your online marketing journey?
According to me, the biggest challenge any new blogger faces is to find readers at the very beginning. Once you start getting some views, it just keeps increasing after that. Coming to Me So Blogging was totally new to me and there was no one out there to Help me So it was like From 0 to 100 for me.
- How to do the personal branding the right way in today’s scenario.
Just do everything according to your liking. This means to choose your favorite theme, make your own logos and other things that make your brand. And Last but not least Try to use Your Name in Every product like I have Three Youtube channels with My name on every channel
- What is the scope of digital marketing and blogging according to you in India?
Since more and more people are connecting to the Internet (thanks Jio), I must say that India is going to have an even larger audience when it comes to blogging, However, this is a major drawback for many newbies out there because I have seen many Students leaving Studies just for blogging.
- I know you work on multiple sites. Tell us how do you manage multiple sites?
I manage them by adjusting my time schedules according to that. Apart from that I also appreciate my team who help me in managing these blogs.
- How are you able to make $4000 from your blog?
Just like you said, I have multiple blogs, and all the ad revenue and the sponsorships that come through these blogs help me in earning this much money.
You Should Definitely See: Bigrock Coupon – Avail Great Discounts on Domain Registration and Hosting.
- Tell us something about your YouTube Journey So far.
Right now I’ve three youtube channel HARSH VLOGS, HARSH CHAUHAN, HARSH STUDIO, and I must say YouTube is quite fun. This is mainly due to the awesome youtube community and the events they do in India.
- How to become successful on YouTube. As you have grown a good following on all of your three channels.
Just make sure to make good and original content, viewers will start coming in no time is your SEO is done right.
- What do you aim to accomplish using YouTube? (Increase Earning or Fame & Recognition)
As you told earlier, I’m already making a lot from my blogs. Therefore, my main goal to start YouTube was to get Fame and Recognition in the online world.
- How to know what’s working and what’s not working in SEO. Because there’s a lot of overwhelming and crappy information out there.
You have to first get your information from a trusted source. After that just try everything and find what works best for you, But in last I would like to say that you will learn from your mistakes only and there is no one out there to help you.
- Your thoughts on “What is SEO in 2018”
SEO is a very big term which consists Many Factors, I still remember those days when it was dirt easy to rank any post without any effort and now Search engines are Getting Smarter Day by Day. So In 2018, I feel that SEO will be mainly focused on the trending topics. I mean to say that if your content is about a trending topic, then it will surely get some audience.
- Suggest some best SEO practices including your favorite “Link Building Strategies” which works well for you.
In this strategy, I basically Link my own article in my articles. Because of this, the viewer spends more time on my website Which comes to on page Seo. Coming to the Link Building Strategies so there is nothing Different from Others that I use. I create backlinks on Relevant Blogs which Include Buying and Guest posts.
- How bloggers and digital marketers should approach Facebook and other social media platforms. And what kind of social media strategy do you follow (Strategies to win at social media)
Social Media is a great way to make a relation between you and your readers. It helps your viewers to stay updated with all the behind stuff which can be quite useful, especially for YouTube. I am very Active on Instagram So I have created a huge audience base on Insta which motivates me and they suggest me topics for new videos as well.
- Which resources do you use to keep yourself updated about blogging and digital marketing trends?
As told earlier I just keep googling everything I come across and then read about it on websites and forums.
- How to outstand yourself in such a competitive environment?
Being original is the key to outstand yourself.
- What kind of earning sources bloggers should look forward to and what is your favorite source of income.
I think Adsense is the best form of income since the ads are according to the user and the ads don’t feel pushed. And since it is Google there is also no risk of fraud, However, it is also true that Adsense is not suitable for everyone so they can use Affiliate Links and sponsored posts on their Blogs
- How would you like to sum up your RootUpdate Journey so far?
This journey has been great, not only I’ve learned great things but met many awesome people down the road apart from earning my livelihood.
- What do you enjoy more blogging or YouTube (V-logging)?
I feel like YouTube is more fun since I get to show people my life and it is just less work than blogging.
- Tell us something about your future projects.
I’m planning to start a blog related to automobiles next since one of my YouTube channels has grown in that topic, thus I want to try it in blogging too.
- What tools do you use?
AHREFS, KW Finder, Grammarly, Semrush and Word Ai
- Final words to our readers.
Don’t Start to Earn !! Start to Learn 😊
Final Thoughts :
Thank you so much, sir, for making this interview possible. I got to learn so much from you during this interview.
And I am sure that the readers of this post will also have experienced the same feelings as I have experienced.
I would like to give you the best wishes for your upcoming projects and hope you keep shining always.
For Readers of BloggingScoops:
If you would like to see some specific people from the digital marketing industry or blogging industry, then let me know the name of those people in the comments below this post. And I will try my best to make those interviews possible for you guys.
If you are a blogger and generating a high amount of income, you would need assistance in maintaining accounts and what better to do it through Nexa Accountants in the U.K
Author: Roshan Jha
Roshan Jha is a Passionate Blogger and a Digital Marketing Enthusiast from Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. He is the founder and CEO of BloggingScoops blog. Where he mostly talks about blogging and digital marketing. He has an expertise in Content Writing, SEO, and Social Media Marketing. Know more About Roshan. Follow him on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook.